Sunday, March 18, 2007

abortion is just preemptive euthanasia

I promised myself when I got this blog I wouldn't be that guy that only posts apologies and excuses for not posting. but I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while. my parakeet died. jakey. It hit me pretty hard. I thought I was impervious to pathos until this fucking parakeet comes along and gets right under my skin and won't leave even after my better sensibilities begged him to. everyday i wake up and i listen to a tape of 'the seven habits of highly effective people' backwards and it sounds like robots telling me to kill myself. jakey if your soul has entered the blogosphere, as i assume it will, chirp three times, in that cute little way you used to when i was force feeding you drugs cause my parents were out of town and i wanted to impress the popular kids with my reckless abandon. Well, I've got to be on my way, I'm knee deep in a queer read of the Epic of Gilgamesh. fuck fuck, I always promised myself I wouldn't be the kind of person that ends every blog with some mediocre justification of their departure. FUCK FUCK FUK CRAP CRAP JAKEEEEEYYYYYYY crap shit. here's a picture of the mausoleum i erected for jakey. you cant tell in the picture but it has a jet propulsion system and is currently orbiting saturn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely mausoleum! We at BWBCATFF (Birds With Breast Cancer And Their Featherless Friends) really feel for your loss! Many of us have also experienced such a loss!

Although it sounds like your fowl friend did not die from breast cancer, we at BWBCATFF thought you might be interested in our efforts to eliminate breast cancer in birds! With over 37 members, our organization is committed to funding research in this urgent medical crisis affecting our feathery communities! Please feel free to sign up for our mailing list, or our weekly webchats! Or visit rec.medicine.parakeetnipplecancer, our yahoo listserv! Or just donate -- Even just a few million dollars goes a long way towards finding a cure!

And remember, if you feel a ripple on your birdie's nipple, don't hesitittle -- talk to your pet's physicianipple and find out how you can helpple!

Sincerely,
BWBCATFF